If you're finding it difficult to manage your finances, you can get help and advice with us. Find advice on dealing with debt and money worries.
- Where to go for help
- How to manage your debts
- Resident Support Scheme
- Money owed to the council
- Dealing with money worries
Find out about benefit changes and what benefits you may be entitled to. The government is making changes to the benefits system. If you are of working age and receive benefits you may get less money. It’s really important that you understand how you will be affected so you can make the best choices for you and your family.
- Your benefits are changing, find out more
- Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit
- Older people's Benefits
- Disability Benefits
Employment and training
If you're looking for a job, we have lots of services that can help. You may have been out of work for a while and unsure of where to start, or you may need help with developing skills to get ready for work.
- Help finding a job
- Improve your skills with a free course
- Apprenticeships and work experience
- Adult and community learning
- Specialist support
The voluntary sector plays a huge role in delivering services to our community.
- Find an Organisation or Community Centre
- Advice and Support
Support in your home
If you have a housing problem, you can get advice and support with us. If you consider yourself homeless or about to be, you can get in touch with us for advice and an assessment of your circumstances.
- Help staying in your home
- Talk to someone about domestic violence
- Supporting People
- Legal advice
There are many organisations that can provide advice. Offers clear, practical, impartial advice to help you sort out problems and disagreements you may be having with suppliers of goods or services.
- Trading Standards
- Citizens Advice consumer service
- Consumer Legal Advice